13 Mar Reducing Rehospitalizations
Posted at 00:00h in Case Study
- Infections are one of the primary causes of rehospitalizations in SNFs.
- Physicians are often offsite and lack information about the patient and their current condition.
- SmartSteward™ allows for 24/7 surveillance of infections throughout the facility.
- SmartSteward™ has a built-in communication tool that makes it easy to share information like labs, radiographic images and pictures.
- Nurse was concerned about a patient with a left arm that was red, swollen, warm and tender to touch and alerted the doctor.
- Doctor was not at the facility, lacked patient information and was inclined to readmit.
- Nurse informed Doctor that patient had a left arm cephalic vein thrombosis before transfer from hospital.
- Doctor requested more information from the nurse on current drug profile.
- Nurse indicated no antibiotic treatment currently and sent a picture to attending physician.
- Based on the image, doctor decided no antibiotics were needed and decided not to readmit the patient to hospital.